If you are juggling with work and cooking, here are a few tips to make cooking easier and quick.
1. Make a plan for the week that consists of the food you will be cooking each day and the ingredients required.
2. Certain ingredients that are required in every recipe like garlic, ginger, onions, chillies can be chopped and stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
3. Keep all the pastes stored in a bottle and refrigerated like Ginger- garlic paste, Onion paste, Tomato paste etc.
4. Chop the vegetables the previous night and refrigerate in an air tight container.
5. Keep all the ingredients ready before you start cooking.
6. Spices that are regularly used should be easily accessible.
7. While the food is cooking you can clean up the kitchen. So you are good to go for the next days cooking.
8. Keep your cupboard well stocked for a month with all necessary items required for cooking. The essential items that are required in a kitchen are:
- Bay leaves
- Black Pepper
- Cumin Seeds
- Turmeric Powder
- Vanilla Extract/Essence
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- All purpose flour
9. Make a weekly meal planner and you can enter the details whenever you are free.